Review: Supernatural Season 3, Episode 13: Ghostfacers

Oh my goodness, THIS EPISODE.

GAH!

Give it an A+ or a gold start or whatever, THIS is the quality content I signed up for.

Like, can we get a whole season of just Ghostfacers? Is that possible? Can I create a Kickstarter fund to make that happen? The second I saw that the two guys from the Hell House episode were back, I was like “oh boy, we’re in for something good.” And, I was not disappointed.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I loved this episode. It was SO FUNNY! I mean, I died laughing the whole time. Like, the whole serial killer, bodies in the bunker, evil birthday party thing was INTENSELY creepy, but the episode was just so hilarious that I couldn’t really find it scary.

Like, the editing alone made this episode priceless. It was so over the top in a wonderfully dramatic way; it’s like reality TV with an extra dash of exaggeration. Although, I have to say that I’ve seen those types of ghost hunters, looking for bigfoot kinds of shows on TV, and that is what the editing is actually like, and they’re unironic about it! However, I don’t think those shows leave in scenes where the garage door suddenly opens behind them as they’re planning their ghost raid.

Anyway, I love how they bleep out the curse words with little skulls, I love how they left in all the scenes where Sam and Dean ask them why they’re bothering to continue filming, and I love all the random unnecessary drama, like the one Ghostfacer kissing the other Ghostfacer’s sister. Not to mention the theme song! I LOVE THE SONG! Whoever composed it was an absolute GENIUS.

But really, it’s episodes like these that makes Supernatural such a great show. They’re not taking themselves too seriously, and you can tell that everyone on set was just having a blast when they filmed this.

In a serious way, however, it was sad that Corbett actually died. The Ghostfacers are actually quite heartless to want to televise his death and use it for ratings. I mean, if I had to be on a ghost hunting team, that’s not the kind of workplace culture I’d be looking for. However, I can’t be too upset about it because it gave us one of the best episodes of Supernatural of all time.

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review