Peaky Blinders: Season 4 Episode 5 Review

Where to begin?! I feel like a ton of stuff happened in this episode. I mean, a ton of stuff happens in every episode, but this one was really jam packed. Even so, I still feel like this episode was mostly set up. Everything is building up to the season four finale, which must be really incredible because I can't imagine how they're going to resolve all these plots in just one hour!

First of all, I cannot tell you how glad I am that Polly didn't betray Tommy. That's a huge weight off my mind. That does not, however, negate the fact that Michael kind of betrayed Tommy, but I imagine that will be addressed later. Right now, I want to focus on how cool Tommy looked with that machine gun. That's an OG move for sure.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to think that Luca is not a very good gangster. Like, he's had a million chances to kill Tommy at this point. Why is he still alive? How have they botched all of these assassination attempts so badly?? Like, the mafia should be scarier than this, right? Also, how did he not anticipate that Polly might betray him? I thought of that, and I'm just a casual viewer. He should be better at scheming than this! And now he's trying to contract out Tommy's death to someone Tommy has deals with. What is he doing?????? Does he not anticipate that there's at least a 50/50 chance that Alfie will betray him. Ay yi yi! Tommy is lucky that the mafia clearly sent their most incompetent hit man.

Speaking of Luca, his meeting with Alfie was LEG-ENDARY. Who didn't love Alfie talking to him with his eyes closed and talking about the cost of killing a very dear friend? Everything that comes out of that man's mouth is GOLD. GOLD!

On another note, I'm going to need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the women Tommy is/is trying to sleep with. First of all, Lizzie revealed that she's having his baby in this episode. This was actually a really good scene; the contrast between Tommy's feelings about killing three men and Lizzie's feelings about the baby is really interesting. I am a little disappointed that Tommy wasn't warmer to Lizzie in this scene. He does the right thing in giving her an allowance and a house, but she clearly wants love and kindness instead. On the other hand, Tommy is trying to get his hand under Jessie Eden's skirt like ten minutes after he heard Lizzie's having his baby! *HEAVY SIGH*

I sure do hope that Tommy knows what he's doing with Jessie Eden. I don't trust her.

Speaking of situations I don't trust, I'm not a fan of whatever plan Tommy's cooking up with the military. I'm sure he'll get the best of them in the end, but I feel bad that Ada got caught up in the middle of it all. (She was great in all those scenes though; I'm loving feisty Ada and her lines about Tommy stopping the revolution with his cock).

I'm also glad (well, maybe I'm glad; I haven't decided) to see that Polly finally found her unsuitable man. I think Aberama Gold counts as very unsuitable. I'm glad Polly is having some fun, but I hope she doesn't get too comfortable with him. He's still the enemy as far as I'm concerned. She did have one of the best lines of the episode in her conversation with him, "None of your knives can kill me." If that doesn't give you shivers, I don't know what will.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review