Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 21: All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1

Okay, so I need someone to reassure me that everything is okay because I’m pretty sure I just saw Sam die.

I mean, maybe he can recover from that stab wound (like Arya did when she stabbed a bajillion times in a row on Game of Thrones; I’m still bitter about that), but it looked pret-ty bad to me.

But Sam can’t die, right? There’s still like thirteen more seasons! If Sam dies, who is going to be the sensitive one with puppy-dog eyes? He is vital to the show!

I’m just going to assume that Dean and Bobby find a way to save him because I CANNOT contemplate Supernatural without Sam. I refuse!

Anyway, let’s actually talk about the episode.

We finally met the Yellow-Eyed Demon in the flesh and learned what he’s after. I was quite interested to learn that, aside from his plans to raise a demonic hell army, he’s quite a sassy dude. I like that he also enjoys making sarcastic comments about Supernatural, kind of like me reviewing this episode (except I don’t wear creepy contacts). I always say that if you’re going to be a demon, you should at least have a sense of humor about it.

In this episode, Mr. Yellow Eyes (his official name on this blog) sets up a Hunger Games situation in which all the children with special abilities get to kill each other, and the winner becomes a soldier for hell (not a great prize in my opinion; I’d rather have a new car or a lifetime supply of Jello). Ava and Andy rejoin the show for this fantabulous competition, along with some new peeps: Jake and Lily. Unfortunately, we learn that Ava has gone over to the dark side (which is too bad because I liked her joke about pop rocks the last time we saw her), and she manages to kill Andy and Lily before Jake kills her.

Let’s all have a moment of silence for Andy. I liked him and his van with the polar bear on it. He was a neat dude.

Okay, moving on.

After killing Ava, Jake tries—and maybe succeeds—to kill Sam. Fortunately, Dean and Bobby roll in at the last minute to save the day. (Again, I have to remind everyone that Bobby is the GOAT. Like, Sam and Dean would be dead fifteen times over if it wasn’t for him.) While Dean and Bobby are looking for Sam, we learn that the Roadhouse has been essentially blown up, which was very sudden and shocking. Ash (and maybe Ellen too) is dead, which is a shame because a) I liked his party attitude, b) he was a good demon tracker, and c) now no one on the show will have a mullet, and that’s just too bad.

Seriously though, this was a DRAMATIC episode. I was genuinely stressed the whole time as I wondered what was going to happen to Sam and Dean. I’ve decided I don’t like episodes that separate the brothers; they should be together at all times so that they can prank each other and so that Dean has someone to say his one-liners too.

On another note, I’m going to need Supernatural to stop with the little girl ghosts/demons. There’s nothing creepier than a little girl ghost. Like, go get the scissors and cut it out! Why can’t we have little boy demons or middle-aged guy demons? At this point, I feel like Supernatural is just adding in little girls to annoy me.

Rating: 9.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9