Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 1: Exile on Main Street

OKAY.

So I’ve heard that season six of Supernatural is one of the fans’ least favorite seasons, and I’m beginning to see why.

I just wasn’t feeling this episode, ya know?

First of all, Dean wearing his shirt tucked in was psychologically TRAUMATIC for me. What was that fashion choice??? I get that he’s trying to be a normal person now, but did he need to dress like a suburban dad too?

Anyway, let me take a step back before I get too upset about fashion.

The Tucked in Shirt KILLS Me

I was really not happy with this episode from a plot perspective. First of all, the genie storyline was dumb. I don’t care about it, and it was boring. However, I get that the djinn plot wasn’t really the point.

I am INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE at Sam. I mean, WHAT IS HE DOING??? I cannot believe that Sam was running around for a whole year without telling Dean what was going on. That is UNFORGIVABLE. I get that Sam thought he was doing Dean a favor, but he had to know that Dean would find out that he was back sometime.

I just think it was cruel for Sam to go gadding around with his new hunter family while Dean thought he was dead. I swear, half the time I think Sam doesn’t understand the concept of empathy. Speaking of the hunter family, screw those people! Where do they get off being mean to Dean?

Here’s Dean trying to build a life and a family for himself after he saved the world, and they’re making fun of him for playing golf. Like, SCREW YOU! How about saying thank you to Dean for helping to stop the apocalypse. Also, I should note that I don’t trust any of their new “family” members. Those people give me a weird vibe, and I want my Winchesters as far away from them as possible.

Also, from a pacing perspective, it was really weird to just introduce all these new hunters all at once. This episode felt a bit rushed, you know?

On the other hand, I really liked seeing Dean with Lisa and Ben. They’re an ADORABLE little family. For Dean’s sake, I kind of wanted him to stay away from hunting; he seemed to enjoy his normal life. Plus, Dean is really good with kids; I love his relationship with Ben. He’s going to be a great soccer dad one of these days.

Rating: 4/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review