Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 9: Clap Your Hands If You Believe…

Oh my goodness, this episode! Now, THIS is the quality content I signed up for.

This episode was so hilarious I couldn’t stand it. Seriously, I was laughing the whole time!

My favorite moment had to be when Dean was yelling at Sam to “fight the fairies” out of the back of the cop car. The absurdity of that moment was the pièce de résistance of comedy. Although, I have to say that I think Sam had the best line of the episode: “If you want to add glitter to that glue you’re sniffing, that’s fine, but don’t dump your whackadoo all over us. We’d rather not step in it.”

On a side note, I’m starting to like soulless Sam. Well, “like” might be a strong word. I should say that I am generally amused by his indifference to all social norms in this episode. I mean, who didn’t chuckle when he was asking Dean how long he had to wait after his brother went missing before jumping into bed with a UFO hunter? Granted, that was only funny because Dean was okay, but it was funny nonetheless. Plus, I have to say that I chuckled every time Dean had to remind Sam that empathy was a thing.

In case you need a recap, in this episode the boys investigate a series of alien abductions, only to realize that they’re fairy abductions! Much more sensible, I know. Dean is briefly captured before they discover that a local watchmaker made a deal with a leprechaun, who is now running amuck all over town. Fortunately, Sam is able to outsmart him (he has to do it without Dean’s help because Dean tried to tackle a fairy and mistakenly beat up a regular human, leading to him getting arrested. How about that for a change? It’s been a while since anyone was in prison in this show).

As I said before, I found this episode to be delightfully funny. I mean, the premise alone is hilarious! I’ll say this for Supernatural, they’re good about giving you fun episodes to break up all the heavy, serious stuff. This episode was definitely lighter in tone, and I certainly enjoyed that.

I also have to say that this episode rehabilitated Sam’s character a bit. I was kind of starting to hate him, but this episode gave him some likability again, goodness knows he needs it.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review