Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 8: All Dogs Go to Heaven

Oh my goodness, this episode! It was so sad!

Like, excuse me while I wipe away a single tear. When “Lucky” told Mandy who he really was and she rejected him, it broke my heart! I mean, honestly, I’m not too surprised that she rejected him (TBH, I would probably do the same thing in her circumstances; it was a pretty creepy situation), but it was sad nonetheless. I half expected her to run after him, in true, romantic comedy style.

In case you need a recap, in this episode Crowley tells the Winchesters that they will need to capture an Alpha in order to regain Sam’s soul. Consequently, the boys set out to investigate what appears to be a werewolf infestation, in the hopes of locating an Alpha. WELL. As It turns out, the “werewolves” were actually skinwalkers. Sam and Dean manage to catch one of the skinwalkers, a German Shepherd/human named Lucky. It turns out that Lucky actually cares about the family he lives with, so Sam and Dean try to convince him to turn on the other shapeshifters. As you can imagine, THAT didn’t go over well.

Overall, I thought this was a decent episode. It wasn’t my favorite from a plot perspective, but I enjoyed watching it. Also, I thought it was pretty nifty that Sam can now do all-night surveillance (since he doesn’t sleep because he doesn’t have a soul (can someone please explain to me how that works)).

On a side note, I just want to congratulate whoever came up with the title of this episode. It’s pretty adorable.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review