Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 20: The Devil You Know

So, I guess Crowley trains hellhounds in his spare time? Good for him; if he keeps that up he might be able to get his own show on Animal Planet. I would watch that.

Other than that, this kind of felt like a set up episode to me. I just wasn’t that into it.

So, in this episode, Sam and Dean go after Pestilence with help from Crowley. In the process, Dean and Crowley kidnap a demon that works for the horseman; it turns out that this demon was actually posing as Sam’s friend while he was at college and actually introduced him to Jessica...before he murdered her. So that’s DARK. Anyway, I feel like this reveal would have had more emotional impact if this character had been mentioned a few times before. It just feels out of the blue, you know? Anyway, they killed him so that’s all right.

Speaking of Pestilence, we discovered that this pharmaceutical company, which seems to be controlled by Pestilence is developing some sort of “vaccine” that is going to release a literal plague of Croatoan virus on the world. So that might pose a bit of a problem as we wrap the season up. You know, just maybe.

On the subject of things that concern me, I am very worried that Bobby is “loaning” Crowley his soul. Like, apocalypse or no apocalypse, that sounds like a bad idea to me. I mean, he’s literally the king of hell, right? Doesn’t he have access to thousands of souls? Why does he need Bobby’s? I’m just asking questions, guys. Also, I think we’ve learned that we just can’t trust demons at this point.

On another note, it looks like Sam is gearing up to say yes to Lucifer, which, you know, seems like the wrong strategy. However, they’ve foreshadowed it pretty strongly now, so I’m feeling like it might actually have it. I mean, we’re almost at the end of the season now, so I guess they’re pulling out all the stops of crazy things to do.

Anyway, I’m ready to see how this season ends. I think we have all the major plot points set up, and now we can just sit back and watch the final pieces fall into place.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review