Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 7: Family Matters

Well, this episode was a doozy!

In fact, if you look in the dictionary, I’m pretty sure this is the definition of doozy.

Let us recap all of the important things we learned in this episode:
  1. Sam does not have a soul. Like, no wonder he’s been so problematic lately!
  2. Samuel does have a soul, but he made a deal with Crowley, so maybe he won’t have it for long. 
  3. Cas has more important things to do than deal with Dean’s problems, as difficult as that might be to believe.
  4. The Campbells are snatching monsters on Crowley’s behalf. Guys, I can already tell you that this is going to end badly. This is super shady and also super stupid.
  5. Lisa is not talking to Dean. Sigh.
  6. Crowley is trying to get information on Purgatory for some sort of infernal real estate deal. Sounds pretty sus to me.
Like I said, doozy.

Honestly, this episode was a lot to absorb for me. It almost felt like it was two or three episodes!

I’m guessing that the plot of this episode is sort of laying out where the rest of the season is going to go. I imagine this season is going to be about a) Sam regaining his soul and b) Sam and the Campbells getting out from under Crowley’s thumb. That seems like a decent plot to me, although I think they’re all really stupid to get involved with Crowley. That’s especially true of Samuel; come on dude, you should know better! To be fair, I don’t think Sam really had a choice.

Anyway, this episode itself wasn’t my favorite from a plot perspective, but I do think it was very useful. I’m VERY interested to see where all these plot points go for the rest of the season.

On a side note, I was interested to see a cute little relationship developing between Dean and Gwen. Maybe they become friends? I would love to know that at least one of the Campbells isn’t a jerk.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review