Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 21: Two Minutes to Midnight

I think Bobby had the line of the episode this time around: “Can we commit our act of domestic terrorism already?”

I never thought we’d hear THAT on Supernatural. Although, I have to say that blowing up the warehouse with all the vaccines was a genius idea. Simple but elegant, ya know?

Speaking of Bobby, I am OVERJOYED that Bobby can walk again. When he got up out of the wheelchair, I just felt like clapping. It was a great moment.

All that aside, I thought this episode was just okay. I know that I said that the last episode was just set up, but I kind of think that this episode was the same.

First of all, I hate Pestilence. Those scenes in the hospital where he was making everyone explode with vomit were just unnecessarily gross. And, to be honest, I just wasn’t that interested in what was going on with his Croatoan plan. However, I did appreciate Cas rushing in (fresh off the bus, I might add) to save the day, only to fall sick himself.

I also enjoyed Dean’s run in with DEATH. That’s right. Death himself. For whatever reason, all I could think of while I was watching Dean eat pizza with the final horseman was Death in the Discworld series. Although, I believe that incarnation preferred curry.

Anyway, this version of Death clearly has good taste in cars, and that’s probably why he felt that he could get along with Dean. I’m actually kind of excited that Death is helping the Winchesters defeat Lucifer. That was a cool moment.

The upshot is that Sam and Dean now have all the pieces of the key to Lucifer’s cage, which indicates to me that we’re all ready to defeat the Devil in the next episode. Although, I’m sure it won’t be that simple. I’m looking forward to seeing how this season is going to end. I’m positive it’s going to be DRAMATIC.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review