Review: Supernatural Season 6, Episode 10: Caged Heat

This was another episode that felt like it took a MILLION years.

Honestly, I was getting pretty tired of it by the end, mostly because it was just so tedious! Which is a shame because the actual content of the episode was pretty significant.

Most importantly, Crowley is now dead! DEAD. Which, I’ll admit, is pretty shocking. I almost don’t believe they really killed Crowley. I bet he finds a way to come back and make more snarky comments! If Crowley is actually permanently dead, I am a little disappointed about the quality of that death scene. It just wasn’t actually that good. Kind of anticlimactic if you ask me.

In other news, we learned that Sam regaining his soul might drive him crazy, which is a CONCERN to say the least. However, there are approximately nine seasons left, so I’m assuming that Sam successfully reincorporates his soul at some point. All the same, I imagine we’ll have some EMOTIONAL episodes if Sam gets his soul back and mentally dissolves because of it.

We also learned that Sam and Dean’s grandfather is even more horrible and untrustworthy than I thought he was. Imagine selling out your own grandsons! That’s just shameful behavior. Also, I can’t believe he actually believes that Crowley is going to bring Mary back. I mean, he’s a demon, he lies! I would be highly skeptical of that commitment I were Mr. Campbell.

On a better note, it is interesting to see Meg again. They almost formed a friendly(ish) relationship with her in this episode, which is a new one for me. I’m curious to see where this goes. (Also, Cas kissing Meg the way the “pizza man” taught him was pretty funny).

Anyway, like I said, I found this episode to be pretty boring in terms of plot and presentation. However, I have heard that season six isn’t Supernatural’s best work, so I’ll try to keep my expectations low.

Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review