Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 15: Tall Tales

So, I think this is as close to a sitcom as Supernatural gets.

This episode was HI-LARIOUS. I loved it.

I’m guessing they added this episode to break up some of the heavier moments in the season, and I’m glad they did because it was FUN. In a nutshell, a trickster is running loose on a college campus, causing people to get eaten by alligators and get abducted by aliens (you’ll never here “Lady in Red” the same way again). You know, run of the mill, normal stuff.

This episode didn’t really add anything to the show in terms of plot development (except for, once again, we learn that Bobby knows everything and is, in fact, the real MVP), but it was so enjoyable I didn’t care. It was a nice break from all the doom and gloom.

The funniest parts of the episode were Sam and Dean explaining what the other person did and totally exaggerating it. Like, in the bar scene, Dean is listening to Sam talk and he’s just hearing “blah, blah, blah” while the girl he was hitting on tells him how good looking he is. Meanwhile, Sam remembers Dean stuffing his mouth with candy while they investigate the office. It’s all just so delightfully childish.

Obviously, it was the trickster who was causing them to fight, but I’m actually shocked that they aren’t at each other’s throats all the time. I mean, they’re together 24-7. That has GOT to be tough to deal with. I mean, I don’t think there’s anybody on this earth that I could spend that much time with (well, maybe except for my cat).

As I mentioned above, I also like that Bobby is becoming more of a reoccurring character on the show. He’s kind of parental figure to Sam and Dean, which is cute. Although, I still think that they are nowhere near grateful enough to him. I mean, I think we’ve seen him save them or help them at least four times. I mean, his dog died in season one because of them. HIS DOG! They need to be way more grateful to him.

On another note, I think this is the first time in the show that Sam and Dean have not defeated the “monster of the week.” I’m hoping that means we see the trickster again, hopefully with more dancing aliens.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review