Peaky Blinders: Season 4 Episode 6 Review

Thank GOODNESS Arthur isn't actually dead!

When he walked back on the screen, I was so, so relieved. Don't get me wrong, I totally believed that he was dead when Tommy said he was; that scene was masterful. But, no offense to Tommy and the rest of the gang, the show just would not be the same without Arthur. Like, when I thought he had really died, I was like "oh, crap, what are they going to do in season 5???"

But, fortunately, we do not have that problem.

Anyway, on the whole, this was a very interesting finale. Quite honestly, it didn't feel like any PB finale that I've seen before. It was slower and more contemplative. I know that there's at least one more season, but this episode almost felt like it could have been the conclusion of the whole show. I mean, the Shelbys have more power than ever and no enemies? What could be a more perfect way to end the show?

I am, however, very glad it's not the end of the show because, as we all know, I can't get enough of Tommy.

I was particularly impressed by his scheming and machinations in this episode. Faking Arthur's death to make Luca think he'd won was a stroke of pure genius. And now, the Shelby company will be even more succesful with its new liquor deals in America! My hat comes off to Tommy; the whole thing couldn't be more perfect. Plus, who didn't love the look on Luca's face when he realized Arthur wasn't dead? Now that's what I call SATISFYING. And I love the way Tommy name dropped Al Capone. I mean, what a G.

I mean, there were a LOT of good moments in this episode. I loved all the Shelby women together in the bathroom talking about Lizzie's baby and teasing Linda. By the way, since when does Linda do coke? She's certainly done a 180. I definitely like her better this way, but it's still a bit of a surprise. It was also great to see Tommy and Lizzie together with their baby at the end of the episode.

However, it was a bit heartbreaking to see Tommy suffering when he tried to take a break. Like, we all know that he has demons he's dealing with, but I think this is the most we've ever seen him unravel. That image of Tommy drunk on the floor while little Charlie looks on is just horrific.

Anyway, a LOT happened in this episode. I mean, I still can't believe Tommy is an MP! They really do cram a lot of events into every episode. I am going to say though that this wasn't really a favorite episode for me. It wrapped up the season successfully, and it was entertaining, but it lacked the "wham!" that other season finales had.

My only complaints about this episode are that it looks like season 5 is going to be about politics, which I'm not a fan of. Seriously, we all have enough of that in our real lives. I'm also sad that Alfie is dead. Who will give us random rambles about nothing? Plus, I don't approve of the way Tommy treated Alfie's dog. You can do anything to people in TV shows, but, as far as I'm concerned, you'd better leave the dog alone. I mean, come on! He was a good pupper.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review