Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 16: Roadkill

I just want to note for the record that I called this episode from the beginning! When the car hit the tree, I was like “oh Molly is a ghost now. Too bad. So sad.”

But seriously, this was a majorly dark episode. Like, it was HEAVY. I mean, I really felt genuinely sad at the end of the episode. It was pretty emotional.

As a recap, this episode focuses on the ghost of a woman (who doesn’t know she’s a ghost) who died in a car accident that also killed another man. Every year, the ghost of the man she killed captures and tortures her ghost as revenge for his death. Sam and Dean figure out what’s going on and realize that her ghost is trapped in world because she’s looking for her husband, who was also in the car accident but survived. Fortunately, they are able to show her that her husband is living a happy life and help her move on to the other side.

I think this episode was the first time I’ve ever felt bad for the “monster of the week,” if you can count the Molly-ghost as a monster. It’s interesting that the person they saved in this episode was a ghost; I like that they’re introducing more shades of grey into this show. I have to say that I also felt a bit bad for the ghost of the guy she killed, especially since his wife killed herself after he died. I mean, seriously, this was an EXTREMELY depressing episode.

There was also very little humor in this episode, which is unusual for Supernatural. Usually they’re able to add a little fun into every episode, but not this one. I actually found it really difficult to enjoy watching this episode because it was just too heavy. About half way through I just found myself wanting it to be over. However, I do think the writing was good and the plot was well thought out and interesting.

On another note, I don’t think I’m going to be able to listen to “House of the Rising Sun” again for a while, which is a shame because it’s a bop (as the kids say these days).

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review