Peaky Blinders: Season 4 Episode 4 Review

First Polly and now Michael!

Why is everyone betraying Tommy????

I am genuinely really distressed by all of this.

I mean, I get that Michael doesn't want to throw his mother under the bus, but this is all really, really bad. The only way the PBs are going to get through this alive is by sticking together. Internal conflict will destroy them! Surely, anyone with any degree of common sense will realize this. Also, as I've said before, the Mafia will obviously kill them all just as soon as Tommy is dead, deal or no deal. Like, Luca is not going to leave them alive. That would not be good for his street cred. Turning them against each other is just another way for him to inflict pain on Tommy. I hope that Polly understands this.

It is very possible that Tommy and Polly planned together that Polly should betray him (kind of like a Snape/Dumbledore deal). I noticed that Polly marked Tommy's diary with a black star, which is what he used to indicate death in season 1. Is this a secret message to Tommy? Are they working together? But, in that case, does Michael know what they're planning? Was this Tommy testing Michael in some way? Or, will Tommy understand that Michael felt he couldn't betray his mother? What does this mean for Michael's future with the family? Does Michael intend for Tommy to die so that he can take over the company????

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

I mean, there is one more season, so I highly doubt that Tommy is actually going to die, but, that begs the question: will Tommy punish Polly and Michael for betraying him and what will that punishment look like? I do get the sense that Tommy knew that Michael was betraying him in that last scene, but it was hard to get a sense of his reaction to it.

Oh, the drama!

Okay, okay, let me move on to another topic.

So, Lizzie is knocked up, huh? Tommy always seems to be impregnating women at the least convenient times. On a side note, it appears that they are not as in love as I thought, given the fact that Tommy immediately tried to shack up with May in this episode (his pick up lines are truly legendary). I'm thinking the baby is either going to bring Tommy and Lizzie together or drive them apart. I'm genuinely not sure how Tommy is going to react to the pregnancy. He might ask Lizzie to get rid of the baby or he might be happy; he does seem to enjoy being a parent. No matter what happens, it's going to be INTERESTING. I'm on pins and needles waiting to see how their relationship develops.

Can we also talk about the SICK BURNS that Lizzie delivered to May in this episode? I like both of them as love interests for Tommy, so I'm not really on anyone's side in this situation, but you have to admit that Lizzie was LEGENDARY in this scene (side note, do you think I'm using legendary too much in this review? I mean, I can't help it if characters are going to insist on doing legendary things, right?).  I love her comment on Tommy's shirts. I literally laughed out loud. Plus, Tommy's baffled reaction was really funny.


Speaking of which, let us take a moment to discuss MAY.

I do love her character, but the show is signaling pretty clearly here that it's just not going to work out between her and Tommy. That's probably for the best. I mean, they are from two very different worlds after all. Although, I do like her naming the horse DANGEROUS. If that's a clear signal of how she feels about Tommy, I don't know what is. I also love her little scene with Tommy in the gin house, when she's like, "you're unlike any man I have ever met." Ditto, May. There's only one Thomas Shelby, OBE.


Now, we need to celebrate the fact that Alfie is back on the show!!!! Hooray!!!! I think he might be my favorite character, after Tommy of course. He's just so wonderfully absurd. Like, when he's introducing the boxer, and he's like: "He was adopted by Satan himself but was returned for fear of awkwardness," I was like, who says stuff like that??? Alfie Solomons. That's who. Can he have his own spinoff show where he educates everyone about the difference between gin and rum?

I also want to give a shout out to Finn. When he was talking about how he couldn't pull the trigger, my heart just broke. He's such a sweet little angel. Protect Finn at all costs!

On a random note, where is Charlie this season? I think we've only seen him in the first episode and maybe briefly in the second. I enjoyed Tommy's interactions with him in season 3. Hopefully, we get to see more of that.

Serving LEWKS

On another note, Ada was serving LEWKS in this episode! I was so here for her black and red dress with the lipstick. Also, her demand for ice was LEG-ENDARY. Truly, Ada is an OG.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review