Review: Supernatural Season 3, Episode 7: Fresh Blood

Sometimes I watch an episode of Supernatural, and I’m like “I cannot believe they allowed this on cable!” That’s how I felt about the ending of this episode. Sam’s decapitation of Gordon was horrifying. I mean, that was some Game of Thrones level violence. It was BRUTAL.

On the other hand, ding dong, the witch is dead. I’m so GLAD that they finally killed Gordon. I could not STAND that guy. I’m glad he died as a vampire too; I feel like that was a good punishment for him. Like I said, I could have done without all the blood and guts and gore, but, otherwise, GOOD RIDDANCE. Sam and Dean have enough problems without Gordon running around trying to kill them.

Also, good riddance to the creepy, Jesus-obsessed hunter. He needed to go too! Gordon’s rationale for killing him was completely unreasonable (duh, it’s Gordon), but I’m glad he’s dead. Sam and Dean have 99 problems, but that guy ain’t one.

I also have to remark on how disappointed I was in Bela in this episode. I kind of thought she was building some sort of emotional connection with the Winchesters after they saved her in the last episode. But nope, I think we can safely say that that’s out. Seriously though, she betrayed them big time in this episode. I expect her to steal their money and precious artifacts, but handing them over to near certain death is another level of COLD. Man, she must have ice in her veins! To ask Sam and Dean to save her and then turn around a sell them to Gordon is just INSANE.

Obviously I hate that she betrayed our valiant heroes, but, on another level, I kind of respect her general ruthlessness. She knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to get it; you gotta love that. Plus, she did help out in the end, so I feel like we can’t hate her too much.

Anyway, back to the main plot.

Overall, I wasn’t too interested in what was happening with the vampires in this episode. In case you forgot, we meet a vamp who is trying to save his race from extinction in this episode. He ends up turning Gordon into a vampire too, thus precipitating all the DRAMA of this episode. Honestly, I think Supernatural can let the vamps go extinct. There are too many other vampire franchises out there, and I don’t think the Winchesters want to be associated with any of them (especially the sparkly ones). I think they should replace all the upcoming vampire episodes with leprechauns or mermaids instead.

Rating: 6.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review