Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 5: Simon Said

Guys, I love Andy. Can he be a regular on this show? I just love that he bops around in his van and is just like, “I’m happy, I have everything I need.”

I feel like Sam and Dean could majorly benefit from that healthy, well-adjusted mind set.

You know who does NOT have a healthy, well-adjusted state of mind? Andy’s evil twin, Ansem. The fact that there is an evil twin in this episode just gives 👏 me 👏LIFE. I feel like evil twins are a plot trope that get made fun of a lot, but, seriously, I could do with more of them in fiction. It’s just so DRAMATIC!

Anyway, I don’t know who dropped that twin on his head when he was a baby, but he’s messed up in the mind. Like, who thinks to themselves “I’d like to get closer to my sibling, ergo, I will kill everyone around them?” Messed up people, that’s who. I mean, I get that the yellow eyed demon put him up to it, but still.

In any case, before I go off on a rant, let’s quickly recap what happened in this episode. Sam has another vision, which leads them to Guthrie, Oklahoma, where there is another “special child” named Andy. Andy, it turns out, can make people do whatever he wants simply by speaking to them.

A power that he uses to temporarily steal the Impala and to make Dean tell him everything about the Winchester’s demon hunting agenda. (But seriously, that scene was pre-tty funny, no?)

Sam and Dean initially believe that Andy is murdering people by telling them to kill themselves, but they soon realize that Andy’s evil twin is actually causing the problem. They track him down to a bridge, where he is attempting to kill Andy’s girlfriend. There is a confrontation and Andy ends up killing his brother to save the lives of Dean and his girlfriend, which, in all seriousness, was pretty sad.

Anyway, like I said, this was a fun, enjoyable episode (with an awesome polar bear van), but I think the big takeaway here is that not all of the “special children” had nursery fires when they were babies, which means that they could be literally anyone. I don’t think that bodes well.

Rating:
7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review