Peaky Blinders: Season 3 Episode 2 Review

Why is Tommy never allowed to be happy, hm?

Throughout this show, he gets like two smiles per season, and then the rest of the time something horrible happens to put him back in a dark, dark place.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Why isn't Tommy allowed to be happy?????

I mean, I assume Grace is dead this time. For real. Like, I don't think she's coming back from that huge bullet wound.

Ugh, this frustrates me so much! They were going to have a lovely life together, and now Tommy is going to be completely destroyed by this.

Even for me, this is too much of a plot twist.

Like, how am I supposed to deal with this on a mental and emotional level???

Okay, okay, maybe I am too invested in this show. Let me take a moment to calm down.

Anyway, this episode largely focuses on Tommy's dealings with the Russians. As I noted in the first episode, I am really not into this story line, which might mean that I'm really not into season three. As I've said before, I feel that unnecessarily complicated plots take away from character building and just make shows a chore to follow.

So far, I'm feeling that way about the Russian plot. Maybe it'll become interesting to me in later episodes, maybe not.

I do know that I do not trust any of the people Tommy has been dealing with lately, not the creepy priest, not the Russian duchess, not the guy who is going to paint Polly, not Mr. Romanov, or whatever his name is. NONE OF THEM. Especially not since the Russians gave Tommy that cursed sapphire. Like, I hope they know who they're messing with because I'm pretty sure Tommy is going to end all of them for what they did to Grace. (I'm choosing to believe in curses in this show, for the record).

Speaking of the creepy priest (who I already hate more than Campbell, and that's saying something), WHAT WAS THAT SCENE WITH THE DOG??? Like, was that scene in the prison cell insane or was it insane?? Where do the writers of the show dream up characters like this; I couldn't have envisioned anyone more creepy if I tried. Although, I did enjoy Tommy's little speech about how he can charm dogs with gypsy magic or kill them with his bare hands. For the record, I totally believe him.

Anyway, I hope someone kills that priest soon. I just can't with him. When he threatened Tommy's little boy, I swear I saw RED. Like I said, he needs to D-I-E. The sooner the better, if you ask me.

We also saw the PBs start a war with the Italians in this episode, which is the reason Grace is dead (aside from the cursed sapphire). I can't help but think that a) John should never have insulted the Italians to begin with b) they should have let Lizzie see the man she likes and c) John should have apologized instead of starting a war. However, I am not a gangster, so what do I know about these sorts of situations?

There were some fun moments in this episode though. The only thing I did like about the Russians in this episode was Romanov's story about losing his toe and being humiliated by the king. I chuckled through that one, and that's for sure.

I also liked Tommy asking Ada if he can rip a page out of a library book. That is SAVAGE for sure.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review