Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 4: Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things

When are people in fantasy/horror/sci-fi shows/movies/books going to realize that you cannot bring dead people back? Like, SERIOUSLY! It is a plot line is so many storylines and fandoms, and it’s always a disaster.

Just don’t do it, kay? (Unless you have the magic resurrection ring from The Vampire Diaries, then I guess it’s okay.)

But this dead chick, bringing her back was a TERRIBLE idea!

The guy who brought her back created a super-strong, vengeful zombie who is immune to bullets just so he could escape the friendzone. Like, how messed up is that? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I get that this guy is horny, but he needs to be a little smarter than that. Are there no living girls he could get with?

Plus, the zombie girl is super creepy. Like, she actually looks dead! I don’t know how you can stand to touch something like that, let alone kiss her.

*Shudder*

But, the main thing that stuck with me in this episode was Dean finally opening up and talking about how he feels. Like, that was a scene with some EMOTIONS. The whole time he was talking, I wanted to hug Dean and tell him it wasn’t his fault. I feel like this was kind of a psychological turning point for him in this season. We’ll have to see how that works out.

Anyway, in case you need a recap, in this episode, Sam and Dean return to Lawrence, Kansas to visit the grave of their mother. While they’re there, they notice something strange in the cemetery. They discover that there’s a ZOMBIE woman stalking the streets of Lawrence, delivering revenge to the people who were responsible for her death. Fortunately, Sam and Dean are eventually able to lure her back to her grave and stake her into her coffin. (By the way, is that really a way to kill a zombie? I haven’t seen that in any movies before It seems a little sus to me.)

This was an interesting plot because it kind of forced Dean to confront some of his feelings about his father’s death. Dean almost sees himself as a zombie, someone who is alive who shouldn’t be. While he’s angry at the monster, at his heart, he’s really angry at himself. Dean feels that he doesn’t deserve to be alive. Which leads me to believe that Dean DESPERATELY needs to go to therapy.

So, I thought this was a good episode, but I do have one complaint: they killed SO 👏 MANY 👏PLANTS in this episode. As a collector of plants, these wanton murders disturbed me deeply. That was the really scary part of this episode.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review