Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 9: Croatoan

Okay, I need someone to explain to me what happened in this episode. I mean, I know what happened in this episode, but, seriously, I have no idea what happened in this episode.

I was just BAFFLED the entire time. When the screen went to the credits, I was just like “Whut?” I mean, was I supposed to have some deep important takeaway from that? I sure hope note.

Like, it was such a strange episode I can’t decide if I like it or not. I’m going to guess that I didn’t because the weirdness of it just made me frustrated.

So, I guess the end of the episode suggests that Sam is being tested by the demons in some way. But, why? How? He couldn’t be infected by the virus...and...what does that mean? How is that supposed to be relevant to us as an audience in any way. I don’t get it.

Also, if they wanted to test Sam, why infect the whole town and engineer that whole little drama? I guess the excuse is they’re demons, but it still doesn’t make much sense to me. Why did everyone have to disappear? Did that doctor disappear too, or was she a demon? We didn’t see what happened to her.

Anyway, in case you missed it, in this episode, Sam and Dean investigate a town that is being plagued by a mysterious disease. All the people in the town are being infected by a sulphur/demon virus that makes them act crazy. Sam and Dean are locked in a clinic with the only unaffected people in town, waiting for the end, when, suddenly, everyone in the town disappears. At the end of the episode, we see a demon kill one of the only survivors and send a message saying that Sam was immune.

Like, um...okay? If that’s not TRIPPY with a capital T, I don’t know what is. The whole thing was too Twilight Zone-y for me.

Anyway, I think the only important thing that happened in this episode is that we learned that Dean is going to tell Sam whatever John told him back at the beginning of the season. At least, I think he’s going to tell him. If it’s a fake out, I’ll be extremely annoyed.

Rating: 5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review