Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 7: The Usual Suspects

Oh man this was a good episode!

Like, I enjoyed this to piec-es.

The best part was Dean’s confession. He was like, “I’m an Aquarius...and I didn’t actually kill anyone, that was just a shapeshifter that looked like me.” I died laughing. It was such a good moment! Plus, Sam’s escape was *perfection*. I love that they out-smarted the police here.

Those Winchesters, always one step ahead!

Anyway, like I said, I really enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to come across a situation in which the ghost is trying to be helpful (well, sort of). It’s always more interesting when it’s the human who is the real villain.

In case you need a refresher, the monster in this episode is a crooked cop who has all sorts of shady dealings. He’s forced to kill a woman named Claire to cover up his misdeeds, and after her death she begins to appear as an omen to the other people he has to kill to cover up his crimes. I gotta say that the death omen was genuinely frightening, mostly because she was covered in blood. But, as I said, she wasn’t the monster of this episode. The crooked cop decides to pin his murders on Sam and Dean, and they’re arrested. Sam escapes, but the crooked cop tries to kill Dean and is only saved by his partner, who discovered with Sam what the crooked cop was up to.

I enjoyed the mystery and twists in this episode. The plot was spot on, really tight and well crafted. Plus, any episode that involves Sam and Dean’s run ins with the police is endlessly entertaining. Dean’s police record must be a mile long by now.

Also, I gotta give props to the lady cop in this episode. The way she called out the crooked cop for giving her the same necklace he gave to the woman he murdered was so satisfying; I’m glad she got the chance to shoot that jerk. She’s a G.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review