Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 8: Crossroad Blues

I was HERE for the music in this episode. It was just deliciously good. That Delta blues sound? It was A+ perfection.

Supernatural may stress me out and bring me to tears sometimes, but boy do they know how to put together a soundtrack.

Anyway, in this episode, Sam and Dean are investigating the deaths of two professionals. They learn that they were killed by hellhounds after they made deals with a demon to have success in their careers in exchange for their souls. They learn that the hellhounds are after another man, who sold his soul to keep his wife from dying of cancer. Dean is initially reluctant to help him, but they eventually decide to try to save him. Dean summons the crossroads demon, who has been making deals with everyone, and lures her into a devil’s trap, which he only lets her out of after she agrees to let the man go.

This scene is interesting because, for a moment, I thought that Dean really was going to make a deal with the demon. So far this season has focused a lot on Dean trying to deal with the guilt and anger he feels about his father’s death. When the crossroads demon offers him a deal to bring his father back, I almost thought he might take it. It certainly looked like he wanted to take it. I’m intensely relieved that he didn’t, but that moment did give me some shivers.

In terms of plot, this wasn’t one of my favorite episodes (although, I gotta say it was pretty satisfying to watch Dean get that demon in a devil’s trap), but it clearly introduced some important information about demons and how they work. I’m assuming that’s going to be relevant in the future of the show.

Also, we learned the phrase goofer dust. How fun is that?

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review