Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 11: Playthings

THE DOLLS. THE DOLLS!!!!!

Why were the dolls so creepy in this episode??? AHHHHH! Like, nothing supernatural even happened with them, they were just super weird. I like I read somewhere that Jensen Ackles thought they were creepy too, so I’m in good company. I kept expecting them to move or something. *Shudder.*

However, aside from the dolls, I didn’t find this episode to be too scary. I know that a lot of people talk about how dark “Playthings” is, but I personally didn’t see it that way. If anything, I thought this episode had kind of a happy (emphasis on kind of; someone still died) ending. Whoever heard of such a thing on Supernatural???

Don’t get me wrong, it was horrifying when the little girl ghost (what is it with little girl ghosts in this show??) tried to drown the little girl in the pool. However, it seems fitting to me that the two sisters are now together in death. We know that Rose didn’t want to leave the Inn and that her health caused her to suffer, so theoretically she should be happy(-ish), playing with her ghost sister in their home for the rest of their existence.

Also, I just couldn’t find Maggie (the ghost) all that scary. She looks like a normal little girl! In fact, I’ve watched several people react to this episode and most of them assume that she is living until like halfway through. (No to brag, but I realized she was a ghost right away). Anyway, 90% of the time, she’s just a normal kid. The scary part of ghosts are the messed up faces and bloody clothes and things like that. In fact, I’m going to say that she’s a normal kid 100% of the time because we all know that small children are BARBARIANS.

Not to mention that you can’t take this episode too seriously because how funny was drunk Sam? I like him making fun of Dean for being bossy and short because, in actuality, he’s neither. (Well, I guess bossy is a matter of opinion, but Jensen Ackles is six foot one; I looked it up! I think Sam is just freakishly tall in comparison).

However, Dean should not have promised to kill Sam when he was drunk. It’s so obviously a bad road to go down. Also, I have to ask again, why do people keep asking Dean to kill Sam? That is a terrible position to put him in! It’s basically emotional/psychological abuse to ask Dean to kill the person he loves most in the world (not counting the Impala). Mark my words, this situation is going to end in DRAMA.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode, and I was particularly impressed that the producers managed to find a power strip with a cord long enough for someone to hang themselves with. That’s what I need for all my charging devices.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review