Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 10: Hunted

Okay, so let me get this straight: before John died, he told Dean that he might have to kill Sam????

How MESSED UP is that!

I mean, how am I supposed to handle that information! How is DEAN supposed to handle that information?

I mean, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, John Winchester was not a good parent. I’m sorry if that’s an unpopular opinion, but you just can’t put something like that on your child. It’s not fair to anyone. Plus, you know that, no matter what happens, there is no way Dean is ever going to kill Sam.

No wonder he’s been acting weird all season; can you imagine the emotional toll this information is taking on him!

Not to mention Sam! How is SAM going to deal with this situation? This is just so messed up.

I can’t even. I just can’t. What is this show doing to my emotions??? I am so angry and STRESSED and sad all at the same time!

Okay, okay. I’m taking a deep breath, and I’m going to try to talk about this episode in a calm way.

So, after Dean tells Sam the big secret, Sam insists on tracking down the other special children and decides to go off on his own. He gets Ash to find the other kids who had nursery fires, and goes after one of them, only to find that he was killed before Sam arrived. Another one of the special children named Ava arrives to tell Sam that he’s in danger, and they learn that Gordon is killing the special kids because he believes them to be monsters.

*Major eye roll*

Gordon is going to continue to be a thorn in my side on this show; I just know it.

Anyway, Gordon tries to shoot Sam, and Dean arrives to save the day, but Gordon knocks Dean unconscious and kidnaps him to lure Sam into a trap. Gordon has Dean tied up in a house that is rigged with explosives. The idea is that Sam will blow himself up when he comes to save his brother. However, Sam outsmarts him, and the Winchesters escape while the police arrive to bust Gordon. The episode ends with Sam and Dean traveling to Ava’s house to check on her and finding her fiance dead in his own blood with sulphur on the windowsill.

It’s all so DRAMATIC. I just can’t.

Speaking of Ava, she wins the prize for best line in the episode: “I just remembered, when I was a kid, I swallowed like, eight things of pop rocks and then drank a whole can of coke, you don't think that that counts as a suicide attempt, do you?”

Anyway, aside from my outrage at John’s secret, I really did enjoy this episode. I hope that Gordon spends a nice, long, long time in prison.

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review