Review: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 2: Everybody Loves a Clown

I disagree with the title of this episode. I have never met anyone who actually likes clowns. In fact, most people I know think that they’re really creepy.

Personally, I’m in that camp, and this episode did not change my mind.

Anyway, this episode focuses on a killer clown monster that tricks children into letting it into their homes so it can feed on their parents. As if you needed any more fuel for nightmares, right? The boys get a tip off about the monster from one of John’s old friends, Ellen. Ellen and her daughter run a bar for hunters, which is pretty dope if you ask me.

On a side note, I’m hoping that Ellen’s bar, the Roadhouse, is going to be a regular feature in the show going forward it. I’m picturing it as the Supernatural equivalent of the coffee shop in Friends, only with beer and knives, and probably less talk about bad dates. On the subject of the roadhouse, I gotta give a quick shout out to Ash.

I might be bold to say this, but I think he’s going to become my new favorite character. I love that he has a mullet. I love that he got kicked out of MIT (and the way he name dropped it to Dean was LEG-EN-DARY). And I love that Dean called him a “Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie.” Please, please, please, can this guy be a regular on the show?

Okay, back to the creepy clown. Sam and Dean get jobs at the circus so that they can investigate and search for the clown. They eventually discover that he’s disguised as one of the performers and have a very dramatic invisible fight with him, during which Sam stabs him with a copper pipe. I, for one, am very glad that they managed to kill that particular monster. BURN THE CLOWN!

Anyway, I didn’t think this episode was very scary because there wasn’t much suspense or jump scares, but boy did that clown creep me out. Give me blood-thirsty ghosts any day.

On another note, that scene at the end where Dean broke down and started destroying the car hurt my HEART. You know he has to be going through it if he hurt his beloved car; that thing is like his child. Poor Dean!

Rating:
6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review