Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 23: Survival of the Fittest

I have mixed thoughts on this season finale. In some ways, I’m satisfied with the way the episode wrapped things up, but I also feel like things were a bit rushed.

Like, for example, I feel like it was way too easy to kill Dick Roman. Like, don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the stuff with the leviathans is over, but they crammed way too much stuff into this episode. I mean, we had demon contract negotiation, the creation of a mystical weapon, Bobby’s death, and the destruction of the leviathans all in one episode.

TOO MUCH.

I feel like we needed an entire episode just to say goodbye to Bobby. I know that he’s going full vengeful spirit and all that, but I wasn’t quite ready to let go of him. Not yet. Although, I am SUPER disappointed that he decided to possess that maid. That was shameful behavior, Bobby. Shameful.

Still, it’s tough for me to accept that Bobby is dead and gone forever. It really hurts me, you know?

However, aside from Bobby’s death, the rest of the episode was a bit boring.

Well, that’s not entirely true. I love the new, ridiculous Castiel. His childlike goofiness is very endearing. Plus, Meg had one of the best lines of the episode about Cas: “Go ask him, he was your boyfriend first.” I chuckled at that. Speaking of Meg, she’s growing on me. Look at her being helpful in this episode! Who says you can never trust a demon?

I was also amused by Dick Roman and Crowley negotiating the contract. Debating subclauses and contracts really does sound like a version of hell to me.

Otherwise, I was pretty uninterested in everything going on in leviathan headquarters. Like, I’m glad those characters are gone because I literally couldn't care less about their world domination plans.

I’m also a bit confused about why Dean is in Purgatory. I mean, I assume they’ll get him out eventually, but for the moment I guess he’s trapped? I have to be honest, I don’t love this plot development. It kind of feels like a rip off of the end of season four.

HOWEVER. I hear that the show improves in season eight, so I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for that.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9