Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 19: Of Grave Importance

Oh my goodness, BOBBY!

BOBBY!

Bobby is breaking my heart in this episode! Like, I can’t even deal with all these feelings. I am both really happy that Bobby is still with them and heartbroken that he is a ghost and will eventually deteriorate and become a monster. Plus, I’m angry at Dean and Sam for not accepting ghost Bobby, but, at the same time, I do agree that he’s violating the natural order of things.

Like I said, I don’t know how to feel about it.

This episode was also kind of disturbing as a whole. In case you need a recap, Sam and Dean begin investigating some sort of ghost mansion where another hunter—Annie—has gone missing. It turns out that the former owner of the mansion, a ghost, kills anyone who comes into the mansion and holds on to their ghost in order to fuel himself with ghostly energy. This murderer ghost has a secret room where he stores the bodies so that no one will be able to set the ghosts free.

It turns out that Annie is now a ghost in the house, and she works with ghost Bobby to discover how they can free the other ghosts. Eventually, Sam and Dean manage to burn the bones of the murderer ghost, allowing all the other ghosts to be set free. As you can probably tell, the plot is a little convoluted, but I actually thought it was a really good episode. I found myself getting really invested in the plot, and, of course, anything going on with Bobby had my attention.

Anyway, I really hope we’re going to spend a lot more time exploring the new ghost relationship with Bobby. Personally, I’m going to need more time to sort out how I feel about it too.

Although this episode was very emotional and dark, I have to say that I enjoyed watching Bobby and Annie learn about being ghosts. Listening to Bobby talk about being Zen was pre-tty hilarious.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review