Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 20: The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo

My friends, I think Supernatural may have reached its pinnacle. I simply cannot imagine how any episode could be better than this one. I mean, come on, it has everything! There’s suspense, mystery, action, humor, and fun new characters.

I LOVED it.

Speaking of things I loved, I have to give the writers mad props for creating Charlie’s character. She is AMAZING. Felicia Day was a great choice for the character, she really hit it out of the park. I know that Charlie told the Winchesters never to contact her again, but I really hope they do because she’s just such a great character, and she has mad skills. Like, she beat Frank in coding. That’s impressive. And, like, she’s practically a hunter already!

Okay.

Now that I’ve GUSHED, we should talk about the actual episode.

In this episode, the Winchesters discover that someone is trying to hack into Frank’s hard drive. They track it back to Charlie, who is a programmer for Dick Roman’s company. Dean and Sam manage to convince her that leviathans are real, and Charlie agrees to wipe Frank’s hard drive so as to protect the boys from Roman. She also agrees to hack into Roman’s email, alerting the boys to the fact that Roman was receiving a very special package from an archeological dig site. They manage to get their hands on this package, and Charlie escapes *relatively* unscathed.

Now, that’s a pretty dry description of what actually happened in this episode, but, in reality, it was chock-full of great little moments. I particularly liked Charlie attacking the boys with that foam sword and Dean talking Charlie through flirting with the security guard. That was A+ work. The Harry Potter references were also spot on. I don’t care what Dean says, citing the great deeds of Hermione Granger is a great motivational tactic.

There was also a fantastic element of suspense throughout the whole episode. I felt anxious the whole time I was watching it, but in a good way, you know? Watching Charlie sneak through the office building was as good as any action film. The plot pacing and narrative tension was just perfection.

I should also talk about Bobby a bit. Personally, I’m not really worried about Bobby turning into a vengeful spirit. I mean, let’s be real, he was totally in control the whole time he was fighting Dick Roman. He only acted because Charlie and the Winchesters likely would have killed if he hadn’t. Injuring Charlie was clearly an accident, and the boys should give Bobby more credit. He saved their lives in that situation.

Anyway, like I said, this was a really good episode, definitely the best episode of the season. Season seven was a bit boring for me in places, but it seems like the show is heading for a strong finish. Let’s hope they can pull it off.

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review