Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 18: Party On, Garth

So, I think the important takeaway from this episode is….BOBBY IS BACK!

(!!!!!!!!)

I mean, I kind of suspected that he was a ghost based on some other things that happened over the course of the past few episodes, but STILL! I almost can’t believe it. It was kind of shocking to see ghost Bobby just chilling out in their motel room. It gave my heart a bit of a jolt. I feel bad that he’s not able to talk to them or tell them that he’s still around. However, it might be for the best because I’m not sure how Sam and Dean would react to seeing Bobby in the flesh again. My assumption is that he’s attached to the flask, so Dean had better hold on tight to that thing!

Anyway.

I imagine they’re going to address the whole “Bobby is a ghost” situation in greater detail later on, so let me actually discuss what happened in the episode.

In case you missed it, this episode revolves around a series of mysterious deaths perpetrated by a Japanese alcohol spirit. It seems that the owners of a brewery cheated one of their partners, causing him to set a murderous spirit on their children.

I have to say that this one was legitimately scary for me. I think there’s just something about ghost women in white dresses that really freaks me out, and the black eyes and mouth didn’t help. And, I imagine that’s the last thing you want to see when you’re drunk. Plus, she was running around ripping people’s hearts out! That Shojo was not playing around!

I have to say that I really struggled with the plot in this episode because I just couldn’t keep the familial relationships straight. I think I would need some sort of flow chart to figure out who was related to who. Normally, I’m pretty good at all that stuff, but I guess I wasn’t on my A game when I watched this one.

Garth really made up for it though. Like, can he permanently join the Winchester monster fighting team? I think he (and Mr. Fizzles) would be very useful additions. Plus, I gotta say that I love his catchphrases. I think I’m going to walk around telling people that they’ve been Garthed now.

That random Japanese guy who kept translating things for Dean can join the team too. I liked his attitude.

Anyway, I thought this was a good episode overall. I feel like we’re FINALLY getting back to the main plot of this season, and that is really exciting for me. I’m genuinely really interested to see what happens next time.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review