Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 1: We Need to Talk About Kevin

Now this is what I call a season premiere!

Seriously, there is sooooo much to talk about in this episode. I don’t know where to begin!

Scratch that. I lied. I know where to begin. Before we talk about all the serious stuff that happened, I feel the need to address Sam’s hair.

WHY DOESN’T HE BELIEVE IN HAIRCUTS???

Like, I don’t know who is responsible for Sam’s hair, but that person has a lot to answer for. I mean, is it the producers who are insisting that he have long hair? I find it difficult to believe that Jared likes having his hair like that. But, hey, stranger things have happened, right? Seriously though, it looks like he has a lion’s mane! And Sam would be so attractive with short hair. It just breaks my heart.

Dean, on the other hand, is looking incredibly good. When he turned up in the beginning of the episode with dirt on his face, I was like “is it just me, or did Dean get hotter?” I mean, I don’t even know how that’s possible, but somehow it happened!

Anyway, back to serious subjects.

Speaking of Dean, I’m glad he’s back from Purgatory. That looked like a NASTY place. Like, if we compare the psychological effects that Hell, Purgatory, and Lucifer’s pit had on the characters, I think that Purgatory had the strongest impact. I mean, it seems like Dean has PTSD now. (If he didn’t have it before). The flashbacks and his inability to sleep are really concerning to me. Dean needs some SERIOUS counseling.

I think part of his problem is that he “lost” Cas in Purgatory. Although, I have no idea what he means by that. I assume we’ll learn more about what happened with that in a future episode, but I already have a sinking feeling in my stomach that it’s not going to be good.

Also, what’s going on with that guy he carried out of Purgatory? It seems like they worked together to escape, which is good. But, I am wondering what exactly is going on in their relationship. Are they friends? It’s totally unclear to me. Anyway, I’m sure they’ll go into more detail later on. I am intrigued.

Okay.

I guess we have to talk about SAM now. It’s not only his hair that’s letting me down in this episode. He made me so ANGRY in this season premiere. Seriously, every time I think I’m going to forgive Sam, he does something that enrages me.

WHY DIDN’T HE LOOK FOR DEAN????

Seriously, that is borderline unforgivable. For all he knew, Dean could have been alive! There was nothing to indicate that Dean was dead, and Sam didn’t even do some investigating? That is so cold and unfeeling to me.

I have some amount of sympathy for Sam wanting to live a normal life, but it looks like he walked out on his girlfriend and his dog with barely a second look, so I’m not convinced that he really cared about that either. I mean, I hate to say it, but I feel like Sam never grows as a person, he always does immature, selfish stuff like this, especially when you think he’s starting to grow up.

*Excuse me while I go into a rage.*

Okay, I’m back.

So, I think the last thing we have to talk about is Kevin.

I am excited that he’s back, and his haircut looks great (take notes Sam). It’s unfortunate that his girlfriend is dead, but, on the bright side, I think it’s really cool that he’s hanging with Sam and Dean now. I am very skeptical that he’s going to be able to banish all the demons from the world, but I can’t wait to see where this plot is going to go.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review