Review: Supernatural Season 7, Episode 17: The Born-Again Identity

Alert the presses! CAS IS BACK!

Guys, I cannot describe how much this excites me. I suspected that Cas wasn’t permanently dead (because he’s died and come back so many times), but I was still thrilled to see him back on the show. I know the last time we saw him he was a vengeful god, but I’ve already forgiven him everything. No one can stay angry with Castiel. I mean, he’s CAS.

The minute they started talking about Emmanuel the healer, I was like “that’s going to be Cas, amiright?” And, I was right!

And, I gotta say, amnesia Castiel was ADORABLE. He’s like a sweet little baby who just wants to help people! INFANT CAS. I kind of wish he could have stayed like that. Plus, I think this is the only time we’ve seen him wearing something besides a trenchcoat. He’s rocking that sweater.

Anyway, I’m feeling some kind of way about this episode.

It was just so EMOTIONAL!

First of all, you had Sam in a psychiatric ward, almost DYING because of Lucifer! I mean, that was pretty horrifying. (Although, I think we all know that the show is not going to kill Sam through sleep deprivation. That would be a fairly lame way for a hunter to die).

Then, you had the girl with her brother-ghost telling her to kill herself. I mean, that’s pretty standard for Supernatural, but still disturbing, no? I was glad that Sam was able to help her. Although, I have to criticize that hospital for allowing those patients to wander around willy-nilly. I’m not an expert on locked wards or anything, but I thought it meant that things were, I don’t know, locked? Plus, the same hospital hired a demon with no credentials! I really have to question the administration over there.

Of course, the most DRAMATIC moment was when Cas took Sam’s memories to save him from Lucifer. I feel really bad that Sam and Dean are leaving him in a psych ward. But, to be fair, Cas did royally screw them over. So, he needs to make amends for his actions. Also, I’m sure his angel brain is better equipped to cope with things than Sam’s human one. I just hope that Sam and Dean make up a nice story to tell “Emmanuel’s” wife. She seemed like a nice lady.

But, overall, I’m just glad that Cas is back. Supernatural is not the same without him. Now, all we need is for Dean to start driving the Impala again. Seriously, every episode without Baby grates on my nerves. Like, I know they’re supposed to be undercover, but it’s Supernatural! There has to be an Impala! The other thing that grates on me is Sam’s sideburn situation, but he just recouped his brain from the devil, so we’ll give him a break.

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review