Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 5: Fallen Idols

Dean wrestling Paris Hilton to the ground in a wax museum. Seriously, what could possibly be weirder? Not to mention Ghandi trying to bite off Sam’s ear. That’s something you don’t see everyday!

Basically, this episode was just delightfully weird.

If you need a recap, Sam and Dean investigate a series of strange murders in which fans are being murdered by their “celebrity” hero. A good old fashioned monster hunt! We haven’t seen one of these in a while!

They discover that the deaths are linked to a wax museum, which is being haunted by a defunct god who used to feast upon the blood of its worshippers. (Although why this god decided to hang out in a wax museum is beyond me. Surely even monsters find those places creepy, right?) They eventually kill the god, and all is right with the world.

However, the big takeaway from this episode is that Sam and Dean are working on their relationship. I think the conversation they had about how Dean needs to let Sam grow up was surprisingly mature and reasonable. Hopefully they can come out of this experience with a stronger, healthier relationship. Personally, I really hope they can pull it off. I hated watching them in conflict last season.

Anyway, I thought this episode was really entertaining, and I enjoyed it a lot, but I don’t think there was anything super exceptional about it. It was, however, a nice change of pace after the super emotional episode we saw last time. Also, I have to give the casting director credit for casting the REAL PARIS HILTON. I find her kind of obnoxious, but I applaud them nonetheless.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review