Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 20: The Rapture

I felt SO BAD for Jimmy in this episode!

SO BAD!

With every episode that goes by, I like the angels less and less. I mean, sure, Jimmy volunteered to be possessed, but Cas didn’t give him the full story. Plus, I’m sorry but the angels did not protect his family! Those people are going to need counseling for life!

And, like, it’s so tragic that Jimmy is never going to get to see his family again and vice versa. I mean, I’m not even sure if Jimmy is technically alive anymore! Either way, that little girl is going to grow up without a father, and I don’t think anyone has really thought about what that will mean for her! Maybe I’m getting too upset about this, but I am genuinely really annoyed by the way angels treat humans. There is no respect whatsoever.

Anyway, now that I’ve ranted a bit, I should probably tell you what happened in the episode. In case you need a recap, in this episode Cas gets pulled out of his vessel and returned to heaven because, apparently, he’s being too friendly with the humans. In the meantime, his vessels’ original personality (Jimmy) returns, and he decides to return to his family. Of course, this does not go well. Demons come after his family and capture them. The family is only saved when Jimmy allows Cas to possess his body again.

Like I said this is an incredibly sad episode. I really felt for Jimmy and his family, you know? Especially the daughter. It was a very emotional episode.

I do have to give Misha Collins though, he did a great job playing both Jimmy and Cas in this episode. It’s amazing how he can switch back and forth between two totally different people on a dime.

Rating: 7.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9