Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 3: Free to Be You and Me

Forget everything I said about being disappointed in Cas. I forgive him everything. I LOVE Cas!

I couldn’t stop laughing when Dean took him to the brothel. That was HI-LARIOUS! I could watch an entire season of Dean trying to teach Cas how to do normal human things. I’m sure it would be endlessly entertaining.

Also, is it just me, or do they have a major bromance going?

I doubt either of them have ever really had a friend before. It suits them.

On the other hand, I felt TERRIBLE for Sam in this episode.

Yes, he started the apocalypse. Yes, everything is his fault. But, it’s really tough to watch people who don’t even really know Sam angry with him. Sam is doing the best he can and trying to get his life back in order, he doesn’t need to be beat up and forced to drink demon blood. (He especially doesn’t need to be forced to drink demon blood; look what happened last time!)

Also, whatever Sam did, he doesn’t deserve to be Lucifer’s vessel.

I know I said that it was going to take me a long time to forgive Sam, but, screw it, I forgive him. He didn’t mean to start the apocalypse, and now he’s lost everything that was good in his life. Plus, I’m pretty sure the devil is going to continue to taunt him with visions of Jessica. That, at least, wasn’t Sam’s fault. He doesn’t deserve to suffer that way.

Also, I’m pretty sure that his little job working at a bar isn’t going to last long. If we know one thing, it’s that Sam can’t stay away from hunting for any length of time; it has a way of pulling him back in. I do hope that Lindsey—his friend from the bar—lives. She seems too nice to be murdered by demons.

The main takeaway for me in this episode, however, was that Sam is supposed to be Lucifer’s vessel and Dean is supposed to be Michael’s vessel.

This is a DISASTER is waiting.

If I have to watch Sam and Dean battling each other as angels and demons, I’ll...I’ll…

Well, I don’t know what I’ll do, but it will be something drastic.

Anyway, hold on to your hats ladies and gents, this season is going to be a wild ride.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9