Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 21: When the Levee Breaks

Man was this episode ever hard to watch. 

I mean, it was BRUTAL.

Watching this episode was just emotionally exhausting! I felt bad for everyone in this episode but especially for Dean. How much more is Dean going to have to go through???

Like, it isn’t bad enough that he had to raise Sam and go to hell for him? Now he has to watch his brother possibly turn into a demon or face the fact that Sam might die? For goodness sake, there’s only so much emotional abuse one person can take!

Not to downplay the abuse Sam took in this episode. I mean, he brought it on himself for sure, but it was so, so hard to watch him hallucinating and thinking that he’s being tortured. And it must have been even more agonizing for him to face his own subconscious. I know that it was hard enough for me to just watch it.

I will say though that Dean did the right thing. Detoxing was the best thing for Sam. As hard as it was for Dean to watch and Sam to live through, it probably would have worked in the end. That is, if Cas hadn’t opened the door!

I HATE him for that! I mean, what is he doing???

THESE ANGELS!

Why do they ruin everything??

Also, they better not hurt Anna! I need her to come back in season five to be Dean’s on-again, off-again flame. (I still ship them together. Hard.)

On an unrelated note, two thumbs up for the Led Zeppelin reference in this episode title. As always, I love the classic rock references.

Rating:
8/10

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review