Review: Supernatural Season 5, Episode 4: The End

MAN!

This episode was INTENSE.

First of all, zombie-apocalypse (excuse me, demon virus apocalypse) = stressful. (Although, I have to say that I enjoyed the happy, up-beat music as the troops were slaughtering the croats. It was a nice touch).

Also, this episode was just kind of sad. In case you need a recap, in this episode Zachariah sends Dean to the future (although it took me a minute to realize 2014 was the future in the context of this show) to see what will happen if he doesn’t accept Michael into his body. Dean learns that the world has been devoured by the Croatoan virus and that Sam has accepted Lucifer. The episode ends with future Dean trying to kill Lucifer in the shape of Sam. The idea that, in the future, Sam and Dean no longer speak to each other and end their days trying to kill each other is really very tragic. It’s obviously a very gloomy episode. However, since they showed this to us, I doubt it’s going to actually happen, which cheered me up a bit.

Watching Dean argue with himself also put a smile on my face. TWO DEANS! What could be better? Although, I have to agree with Cas: old Dean is better. Speaking of Cas, I love him as a stoned, hippie, love-guru. What a character development! “Why not go get washed up for the orgy?” has got to be the line of the episode. Cas! Having an orgy! Oh, how the times have changed.

The most significant part of the episode though, in my opinion, was Dean and Sam reuniting at the end. I didn’t expect them to be apart for long, but I’m so, so glad to see them back together. Hopefully this will be the start of a new, better relationship between the two of them.

However, the real lesson from this episode is that Sam looks really, really bad in all white. Thank goodness he hasn’t accepted the devil into his life; his fashion sense is obviously demonic.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review