Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 15: Death Takes a Holiday

Man, Pamela really can’t win, can she? First, Cas literally burns her eyes out, and now she gets stabbed by a demon? Yup, she was right to not want to get involved with any more Winchester stuff. I’m actually quite sad that she’s dead. I liked her a lot.

In case you need a recap, in this episode Sam and Dean investigate a town where no one is dying. They discover that another seal is about to be broken, this one involving killing two reapers under a solstice moon. The Winchesters find the spirit of the last person who died, a little boy named Cole, and use him to connect with the reaper Tessa, who Dean met in season two. (By the way, they essentially have to DIE for this to happen, which seems like a horrible idea, but, you know, the Winchesters aren’t big on personal safety).

Anyway, they discover that the demon Alastair is behind the plot, and Cas and the other angels kidnap him, preventing the seal from being broken. The only problem is that Pamela gets killed along the way. I’m not sure what the angels are going to do with Alastair, but I can only say that I hope they don’t let him escape. In fact, I wish they had just killed him outright.

I was also really disappointed in Sam’s behavior in this episode. Telling Cole that he’d be able to stay with his family was a really rotten thing to do. Come on Sam, you can’t lie to lonely little ghost children! Anyway, hopefully he’ll redeem himself later in the season.

Overall, I thought this episode was just alright. It fills in some plot holes and that’s about it. I didn’t find the story of the episode itself to be particularly engaging, and it killed off Pamela, which was a downer. It’s definitely not going to become one of my favorites.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review