Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 18: The Monster at the End of This Book

THE WINCHESTER GOSPELS!

I don’t know about you, but I think my New Testament is missing that part. Can you imagine how sensational Sunday school would have been if Sam and Dean were in the bible?

Oh my goodness, I LOVED this episode!

Like, it’s so META.

It’s an episode of a TV show in which the characters find out that they’re characters in a series of popular books. I mean, how great is that?

I died laughing the whole time, especially when I saw those book covers. Tell me, which one of those romance cover models was supposed to be Dean and which one was supposed to be Sam?

Also, I love the horrifically bad writing. Even the Prophet Chuck admitted it: “I mean, horror is one thing, but to be forced to live bad writing... if I would have known it was real, I would have done another pass.”

Not to mention Sam and Dean reading about how people are fans of them online. I love that they’re discovering fan fic. In fact, I wonder if anyone has written any fan fic about the Supernatural books within the Supernatural show. I bet there’s somebody out there working on that!

Anyway, aside from all this hilarity, the really important thing we learned is that a) Sam is not yet strong enough to defeat Lilith and b) Lilith is afraid of something. We’re getting near the end of the season, so I assume these facts will come up again pretty soon, especially since we saw the Prophet Chuck (yes, that’s what I’m calling him now) see something that disturbed him.

Overall, I think this was my favorite episode of the season so far. It was so meta and so hilarious. I adored it!

My absolute fav though was the woman at the publishing house. I love that she has the demon tattoo and quizzes them on trivia about their own lives. (Little does she know that that tattoo might save her life one of these days! ) I especially liked it when she started talking about how wonderful Sam and Dean are and how they’ve been through so much. I was like, “hey, she sort of sounds like me!”

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9