Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 19: Jump the Shark

Well, this episode was BRUTAL.

It was seriously an emotional roller coaster for me. First, I was a bit afraid of whatever dragged the mom under the bed, then I was kind of sad that Dean and Sam had a brother but never knew about him, then I was happy that they were getting to know him, then I was HORRIFIED when Dean saw him in the coffin, and then I was just heartbroken on the Winchesters’ behalf.

I mean, the end of that episode. THE END! I can’t even begin to describe the sensation I felt when I saw Adam dead in that coffin. I mean, what a TWIST! A horrible twist, but a twist nonetheless. I just feel so BAD for Sam and Dean. It’s emotionally difficult enough to learn that you had a brother you never heard about, but to realize that he’s actually been dead the whole time is next level horror. GAH!

On another note, it was so hard—in a completely different way—to see Dean thinking that his father loved Adam more. I get that Sam and Dean had very different paths in life compared to Adam, but couldn’t John have taken them to a baseball game some time? Would that have been so hard?

Once again, I have to say John 👏 Winchester 👏 is 👏a 👏terrible 👏father! *SMH*

Anyway, in case you need a plot recap, this episode is about John Winchester’s second family. They are beleaguered by a family of ghouls, who are seeking revenge on John. They kill and eat Adam and his mother, taking on their shapes in the process (ick!). They manage to trick Sam and Dean and are in the process of devouring Sam alive when Dean arrives and kills them. The episode ends with Sam and Dean burning Adam’s body.

This was a really great episode. I mean, the scenes with the ghouls trying to eat Sam were truly horrific, but the episode was so well plotted and acted. As devastating as it was, I really can’t fault it.

Also, I gotta hand it to the casting director; they did a great job with Adam. That actor really looks like he could be related to the Winchesters. It’s like someone mixed Sam and Dean’s faces together and added some really great eyebrows.

Rating:
8.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review