Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 16: On the Head of a Pin

Man, angels really are terrible, aren’t they? Like, I know I’ve said they’re bloodthirsty and mean before, but this is next level!

First of all, I want to say that I always knew Uriel was a bad guy. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I’m glad Anna stabbed him! Plus, I think his evil plan is a bit short sighted. I’m always baffled by these people who want to bring about the apocalypse; even if you’re an angel, surely that’s not so good for you, right? Also, raising Lucifer??? How does anyone think that’s a bad idea. Like, does anyone genuinely think that Lucifer is going to be their friend? He’s deceptive! That’s kind of the point, right? Not to mention that killing other angels is patently counter productive if you want them to be the dominant species again.

Anyway, like I said, I’m glad he’s dead. And now, hopefully, Cas will be more useful. He’s started to doubt, which can only be good for his character development. He’s far too vanilla at the moment.

As much as I’m glad Cas is thinking for himself now, I’m a bit annoyed that he didn’t get on that train before Dean was forced to torture Alastair. I mean, what an unbelievably horrible thing to do to a person! The fact that Cas and Uriel made Dean do that makes them no better than demons in my mind. And like, has Dean not suffered enough psychological damage? Why does he have to keep reliving this trauma? We also learn that Dean was inadvertently responsible for breaking the first seal and starting the apocalypse, so I’m sure that will make him feel warm and cozy.

Speaking of trauma, Sam just about traumatized me when he started drinking Ruby’s blood. I mean, ewwwww! That’s majorly gross, especially when you consider that that body is actually dead. Sam is not a vampire. He has no excuse for this horrific behavior. I mean, how does he justify doing this?? If I’m understanding correctly, drinking the blood gives him more power, but where does it end? If he keeps doing it, he’ll become more demon than human at some point. And, I’m pretty sure he’s addicted to the blood at this point, so that’s even worse!

Also, where does Sam get off saying that Dean is weak. I could have punched him in the nose when he said that! Dean raised him and literally went through hell for him, and Sam says he’s weak??? THE NERVE!

Again, all these people are TERRIBLE! Cas is terrible. Ruby is terrible. Uriel is terrible. Sam is terrible.

Gah! Why are they all so TERRIBLE!

Anyway, I’m glad Alastair is dead, and I’m glad that Uriel is dead. I’m too annoyed with these characters to continue this review at the present time, so that’s all for now.

Rating:
8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review