Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 22: Lucifer Rising

Oh my goodness, the DRAMA!


THE DRAMA!!!

That is what I call a season finale!

First of all, I have to say that I hate everyone now. Particularly Ruby.

GAH! If I didn’t hate her before, I would certainly hate her now, if for nothing more than her stupid line in this episode: “I’M AWESOME!” I mean, what was that? What a dumb line! The apocalypse is starting and you’re talking about how awesome you are? Get over yourself.

Anyway, I’m glad she’s dead.

I wish all the angels were dead too!

I mean, I knew they were bad, but I genuinely didn’t expect them to betray Sam and Dean to that extent. It’s just so INFURIATING!

I mean, talk about sadistic and manipulative.

With angels like these, who needs demons.

Not that the demons are much better. Like I said, I hate Ruby and Lilith for tricking Sam into starting the apocalypse. However, I also kind of hate Sam for letting them trick him. Sam had the best of intentions, yes, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he decided he knew better than everyone else and refused to listen to any variety of logic. I mean, his behavior over the past few episodes has ENRAGED me. Dean wasn’t completely innocent in all of this, I know. However, what Sam did in the past season was inexcusable. It’s going to take a long, long time for me to forgive him.

Anyway, I suppose he’ll be eating humble pie after this episode.

So, in case you need a recap, in this episode we learned that Azazel discovered that Lilith needed to die to break the final seal that would release Lucifer from captivity. Thus, he set in motion a plan that would eventually lead to her death. You gotta hand it to that guy, he knows how to schedule things in advance. In the present day, we see Ruby and Sam set out to kill Lilith, Sam falsely believing that this will save the day. Meanwhile, Dean is in angel lockdown, where he eventually learns that the angels want Sam to initiate the apocalypse so that they can have the joy of defeating Lucifer.

Try to make sense of that set of motivations. I’ll wait.

Long story short, everything goes wrong, and Sam ends up freeing Lucifer.

Again, I am ENRAGED.

All of this could have been avoided if Sam and Dean had actually communicated with each other. *SMH*

I’m also extremely disappointed in Cas. Yes, he decided to help Dean in the end, but he sure waited until the last minute to do it.

So, I guess the takeaway here is that a lot of people are going to have to work hard to redeem themselves in season five. I’ll look forward to it in the next season.

Rating: 10/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review