Review: Supernatural Season 1, Episode 15: The Benders

AHHHHHHH! THIS EPISODE WAS SO DISTURBING! AHHHHHHHH!

I can NOT deal with this episode right now. I CAN NOT! It was just so gross and disturbing and upsetting and just *chilling*.

And the worst/best part of this episode was the “monsters” were people! I mean, they were actual humans. How horrifying is that?

But seriously, my favorite part of the episode was when Dean comes in to save Sam and the cop, and Sam is like “dude, they’re just people?” and Dean is like “they’re just people???? Must be gettin’ a little rusty there, kiddo.” That was totally hilarious!

I also liked the moment at the end of the episode when Dean was like “you’d better not do that to me again. If you get captured, I’m not looking for you.” I was like, “aw, Dean, we all know that you’ll always look for Sam.” I mean, he basically said in this episode that he feels responsible for Sam. Speaking of Sam, he did have a pretty funny one-liner in this episode (I know, it shocked me too), “It’s a bracket.”

I don’t know if it was supposed to be funny, but it made me chuckle.

Anyway, back to the episode. In case you need a recap, this episode features a family of psycho cannibals (but really, are there cannibals that aren’t psycho?), who kidnap Sam. Dean is able to track him down with the help of a cop, who had a brother kidnapped by the same family. They arrive to save Sam, end up also getting kidnapped, but then Sam escapes with the help of his bracket, and all is right with the world. They end up killing most of the kidnappers, and happy days are here again.

I almost don’t know how to rate this episode because it was just so creepy. Like, I didn’t really enjoy watching it because it was genuinely *scary,* but it was well executed and it had a good plot. Seriously though, I do think this is one of the scariest episodes in the show because the monsters are people. Like, this could happen in real life; things like this have happened in real life. And, when you’re dealing with people, there are no rules. You can’t predict their patterns and they’re not deterred by salt; they’re just insane.

However, aside from the cannibalism (and that’s a big aside), I think the creepiest part of the episode was the little girl. I think I’ve said this before, but I CAN NOT DEAL with creepy little girls. Whoever is in charge of taking care of that child after all of this had better watch their back. They’ll turn around, and she’ll be chewing on their ears or something. *Shudder*.

Rating:
7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review