Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 6 Review

That episode though!

Now THAT was a season finale.

Wow! Just wow! If that's not a cliffhanger, I don't know what is.

All I can say is Grace better not be dead. I get that maybe she and Thomas can't be together (and I don't think anyone wants to see them run off to New York together), but her death would just destroy him, and that would be painful to watch. If she is dead, I don't think they would introduce another love interest for Tommy. I think she'll be like the only woman he ever loved, like Jax and Tara in Sons of Anarchy (which apparently is my favorite show to compare this show to).

Alternatively, I suppose it could be Campbell who is dead, which would be extremely satisfying. I think I've said it before, but I HATE that character, even more so now that we've seen him abuse a prostitute.

I mean, we already had to lose Danny in this episode, the least the writers could do is kill Campbell. Speaking of Danny, I am HEARTBROKEN that he died. I really hope Tommy looks out for his wife and kids because Danny did not deserve to go out like that, especially after he delivered that fantastic line "nah, I'm not dead, I've just been living in London, same thing."

I'm so, so glad that Tommy shot Kimber in the head. He deserved far worse for killing our poor, sweet Danny.

On another note, I gotta say that I loved Polly's prayer for her family, "watch Thomas, I know how he is, but he does what he does for us...I think." Now, that is being honest with God.

Anyway, this episode is stuffed with good moments.

Polly telling Ada about what happened to her children really stands out. I mean, that was MOVING. And, when she told Ada that that would never happen to her because Tommy wouldn't allow it, I was like "yup, because Tommy is a real G!"

This episode also had some beautiful shots. I mean, that shot with the reflection of the PBs walking to the Garrison in the puddles was so cool I can't even stand it! As I was watching them walk across the screen, I was just like, "Gah! I love this show!!"

Speaking of loving this show, I adored the moment when Freddie came out with the machine gun. It was wonderfully over the top, but also just too ๐Ÿ‘cool ๐Ÿ‘for ๐Ÿ‘ life. But, what was even cooler was when Ada pushed her baby carriage out into the street and started screaming at all the guys with guns. I mean, it wasn't very realistic, but boy was it ever entertaining. And, of course, you gotta be impressed by Ada's fearlessness. I was the tiniest bit concerned about her baby, but, fortunately, he was all right. The baby that she named Karl, by the way. After Karl Marx.

SMH.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That is such a horrible name for a kid I can't even. I hope they come up with a decent nickname for that poor little boy.

Anyway, I cannot WAIT to start watching season two. Like, I don't know how I'm going to live until I know what happened to Grace. I'm definitely majorly hooked on this show (if you couldn't tell), so you can expect a lot more reviews from me.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9