Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 6: Heaven Can't Wait

I’ve gone through ups and downs with Castiel throughout this series, but this episode reaffirmed why I always go back to loving him.

Seriously, Castiel was ADORABLE in this episode.

I love him as a convenience store employee! Weirdly, it’s the perfect career for him. He takes taquitos and lottery tickets so seriously! It’s fantastic. I also like how he wears his blue vest everywhere, even on (supposed) dates! Like I said, adorable.

“When I fell to earth, I didn't just lose my powers. I had nothing. Now, I'm a sales associate!” Has got to be the defining quote of this episode. One day, I would like to be as proud of something as Cas is to be a sales associate.

I was actually pretty annoyed with Dean for making fun of him. Like, why can’t Castiel have a normal life? Why can’t he have a normal job? Sure, he’s an ex-angel with the hoardes of Heaven on his tail, but he deserves time to stop and smell the roses! (If you can call the smell of the gas station bathroom roses).

Realistically, I know that Cas isn’t going to spend much time living and working as Steve, but it would be so lovely if he actually built a happy, normal life for himself. No one is allowed to be happy on Supernatural, so that’s not going to happen, but, hey, I can dream, right?

The monster in this episode was the only disappointment. You would think that an angel who can vaporize people would be pretty interesting, but I actually found him to be a bit boring. Plus, even though he’s an angel, I found it pretty unbelievable that he would go around vaporizing anyone who was a bit bummed and think he was being helpful. Also, is it just me, or did the actor who played Ephraim look a bit like Billy Idol?

It’s probably just me.

I guess we should also talk about Crowley. I’m still confused about how human he actually is, but I did enjoy watching him yell at Abaddon. All this time, Sam and Dean were worried about hunting demons, and all they had to do was turn them against eachother! I’m surprised they didn’t come up with that plan years ago!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review