Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 21: The Great Escapist

I don’t know how you’re feeling, but I’m pretty sure Crowly was born to direct. If being King of Hell doesn’t work out, Netflix should sign him; he could direct the sequel to Tiger King or something like that.

Overall, I thought this was a really fun, really enjoyable episode.

I love that Cas is back. (Although, I’m still disappointed in his choices in this season.) His trick with all the Biggerson's was very clever. Although, I would have been getting frostys at Wendy’s if I was him. Putting the angel tablet inside of him was also very clever, but not Clever enough for Crowley, as it turns out!

I am getting tired of Naomi turning up and causing problems. I hope we can get rid of her somewhat soon! She has no right to keep appearing and reprogramming angel minds, as Ion pointed out. However, the conflict between her and Crowley is certainly adding tension to the show (as if we needed more of that!).

However, I thought the best moment of the episode was meeting Metatron.

Honestly, that was MAGICAL. I loved his little speech about storytelling and his room full of books. That sounds like the perfect life to me! I really appreciate that he wants to stay out of all the politics and just read books; that would be me if I was in the Supernatural universe. Although, I suppose he should probably be helping to save the world.

On the storytelling side (see what I did there!), I thought it was so clever to have the Metatron hiding in plain sight; it kind of reminds me of Chuck the Prophet. All the important people in Supernatural appear to be very ordinary, until they aren’t. We will see what role the Metatron decides to play!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 21: When the Levee Breaks