Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 1: I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here

If all the episodes in season nine are as good as the first one, this is going to be a FANTASTIC season.

First of all, I love any episode that includes the character of Death. He’s so great! So enigmatic. So captivating. Although, of course, I’m glad that Sam decided to live. Of course, there was never really any doubt that he was going to live because there are like six more seasons of this show, but not dying is always a good move.

On the other hand, I thoroughly expect an absolute disaster when Sam learns that Dean saved his life through angelic possession. We actually had this exact same situation a few seasons ago when Dean decided not to tell Sam that he had lost his soul, and how did that turn out? Dean just refuses to learn that he should be honest with Sam. It’s SO frustrating.

On the other side of the episode, I’m in love with the idea of all the angels falling to Earth and having to deal with Earth problems. I’m sure there will be all sorts of angel related dramas in this season. Seeing Castiel without his grace is actually quite extraordinary. I mean, we’ve seen him before when he wasn’t 100% angel, but it turns out that that’s very different from being 100% human. Now he has to eat, sleep, and drink; plus he can be injured and he can’t wash his clothes by magic. How is he ever going to manage that? Plus, all of the angels in the universe are after him, so Cas has really given himself a challenge this season.

Speaking of angels, I’m curious to get to know more about Ezekiel. So far, he seems like a good angel (which is a rarity!); however, we’ve been tricked before, so I’m not trusting him 100% yet.

I’m also fascinated to see what’s going to happen with Crowley, who is apparently in the trunk of Dean’s car. I’m actually shocked that he’s managed to keep him under wraps for so long! But, the real question is: what on Earth are Sam and Dean going to do with a half-human Crowley? Also, I guess they’re not going to close the Gates of Hell now, but they still have Kevin and the demon tablet in their corner, so I’m guessing we’re not completely done with that plot.

Overall, this was a really solid episode and a really good way to kick off the season. I have high hopes for it!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9