Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 20: Pac-Man Fever

It’s been a long time since I liked an episode of Supernatural as much as I liked this episode. It was well and truly fantastic, and I think that that’s all thanks to Charlie.

Seriously though, she’s quickly becoming my favorite recurring character on the show. I might even like her more than Castiel (gasp!). Could we just have Charlie in every episode? I mean, at this point she’s basically the demon-fighting younger sister that the Winchesters never had.

I also liked that we finally got some backstory on Charlie in this episode. The story about her parents is absolutely heartbreaking, although it does explain her rootless lifestyle. I suppose we wouldn’t have the Charlie we have now if she had had a normal childhood, but I still teared up when I heard her reading the Hobbit to her mom at the end of the episode.

Putting my obsession with Charlie Bradbury aside, I thought that the actual plot and monster of this episode were pretty good as well. I was really amused by Charlie and Dean going undercover as FBI agents and Charlie not knowing how to behave at all. It was so funny! You’d think all her live action role playing would have given her more experience!

I also really liked the video game plot, which is weird because I’m usually annoyed by gaming in general. But here, it really worked well for the plot. Plus, I’ll take any opportunity to see Dean in a uniform.

On a side note, I’m frankly surprised that Sam and Dean don’t get asked to fill out paperwork more often. I mean, surely, in reality, people can’t just walk into a morgue, claim to be FBI, and view crime scene evidence? I mean, I sure hope they can’t! But, this is TV, so we have to let some things slide. I suppose in this world, the only people who ask the Winchesters for paperwork are, in fact, monsters. (By the way, I totally called that Jennifer (aka professional clothing guru) was the djinn, just saying).

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review