Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 22: Clip Show

I’m not even going to lie, guys, that was TRAGIC. We haven’t seen Sarah in seven seasons, but her death still managed to punch me in the gut.

Come on writers! You can’t tell us she’s married with a one-year-old child and then kill her! This isn’t Game of Thrones! Besides, she was the first girl that Sam got involved with after Jessica, and she remembers him with his stupid, 2005 haircut. You have to keep her around!

I have to admit though that Crowley is taking the right tactic if he wants to get something from the Winchesters. There’s nothing more important to them than saving people. Of course, they’re not going to give him what he wants, but they’re not going to let him go around killing people either. So, I look forward to seeing how the Winchesters are going to resolve THAT situation.

But, aside from all that DRAMA, I have to say that this episode was thoroughly enjoyable. The writers are really getting some good twists into the end of season eight, and I’m loving every minute of it.

The idea of curing demons is absolutely fascinating. I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen when that priest was curing the man who ate his children; it was absolutely amazing! If Sam and Dean can learn to do that with all demons, it would make a huge difference to the show. They could save literally anyone! (Except angels. I don’t think anyone can save the angels. They’re all terrible!)

Speaking of angels, I actually quite like the idea of shutting the gates of Heaven. The angels have really been a pain in the neck for the past few seasons, and I would love not to deal with them anymore. Bring on the demons anyway! However, I have to admit that I don’t think this idea is going to work. If I had to guess, I would say that at the end of this season the gates of Hell and Heaven will still be open, and we’ll all just have to deal with that!

I do hope, however, that Sam and Dean find time to chop Abaddon back up before season eight is over. I think stitching her back together was the height of foolishness. Surely, they could have found another, easier to deal with demon? No need to bring the most dangerous one ever back to life. Although, if she ripped Crowley’s head off before she died again, I wouldn’t be mad about it.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review