Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 19: Taxi Driver

Oh my goodness, this was an EMOTIONAL episode.

I can’t believe Benny is GONE! Realizing that he wasn’t going to come back from purgatory was just unbelievably sad. I loved Benny as a character, and I thought he was a really good, interesting addition to the show. I’m disappointed that he won’t be reappearing because I thought the writers could have done a lot more with him, but I understand why Benny didn’t want to hang around anymore. I imagine his life was incredibly lonely and purposeless without Dean or other companions.

I also want to give a shoutout to Benny for being generous enough to help Sam escape Purgatory. Considering the way Sam behaved, I wouldn’t have been surprised if Benny refused to help him. But, like I said, Benny is a GOOD guy. (Take note Sam!)

Anyway, other stuff happened in this episode, so I should probably move on.

In this episode, we learn about the second challenge: Sam must free an innocent soul from Hell and return it to Heaven. So, he has to sneak into Hell, which seems like a good idea (heavy sarcasm).

The boys learn that Bobby is in Hell (which really, really upset me!), so obviously, he is the innocent soul that Sam decides to free. Like I said, I am enraged that Bobby ended up in Hell. That was so undeserved! If Bobby ends up in Hell, then none of the rest of us have a chance at all. I also found it weird that Bobby was in like the second cell that Sam checked. I imagine Hell is a big place, so Sam got pretty lucky to find him in two seconds (heavy sarcasm there). Unfortunately Sam and Bobby get stuck in Purgatory on their way back to Earth, which is why Benny has to return to Purgatory to help him. It’s all VERY emotional.

Anyway, I thought this was one of the strongest episodes in this season. It was really well written and plotted, and just a REALLY impactful episode. However, the best part of the episode was Bobby telling Sam that he SHOULD HAVE LOOKED FOR DEAN! I’ve been saying it all day, Bobby, I’ve been saying it all day.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review