Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 7: A Little Slice of Kevin

YASS! Cas is back! I’m glad they didn’t make us wait any longer. The show just isn’t the same without him.

However, I am concerned about what’s going to happen with Cas. First of all, I’m disturbed that Castiel chose to stay in purgatory to punish himself. I mean, I get that he wanted to punish himself for his wrong doing, but I feel like he should have told Dean that he intended to stay. Putting all that heartache on Dean wasn’t right. I also don’t get what purpose staying in purgatory serves. I suppose that it made Castiel feel better about his own actions. However, if he really wanted to atone for his wrongdoing, he should have tried to do good in the world. Also, he didn’t seem to care about his wrongdoing at the end of season seven, so I don’t really get his decisions here.

I’m also very irked that the show is setting up another conspiracy in Heaven. I mean, personally, I find all these Heavenly plots very boring. I don’t care if Naomi (whoever she is. I feel like she might be an angel, but I just can’t tell) wants to do something sinister with the information about the Winchesters. I’m just PAST all of that stuff, you know what I mean? It just feels like a distraction from the main plot to me, and I’m not interested in it.

Okay, what else was in this episode?

Other than all the Castiel drama, the main focus of the episode was Kevin getting kidnaped by Crowley.

I did really enjoy seeing Kevin and his mom back on the show. Lately, Mrs. Tran has been coming through as the real MVP of the show. I just love her and her can-do attitude. Granted, hiring a witch over the internet to help you gather ingredients for demon bombs was a bad call. But Mrs. Tran is pretty new to the Supernatural world, so you have to cut her a little slack. I mean, she did her best!

Anyway, I was glad that Castiel managed to free Kevin, and it seems like things are a-ok for now.

While I enjoyed this episode, I did feel that it was mostly set up for the rest of the season. Hopefully things get better and more exciting from here.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review