Review: Supernatural Season 8, Episode 13: Everybody Hates Hitler

I hate to say it, but I was kind of bored by this episode. I just wasn’t that interested in the whole World War II, evil Nazi scheme plot. Honestly, I think that storyline has been done to death. It’s in so many movies! Indiana Jones and Captain America are just the tip of the iceberg. I’m just not interested in hearing about any more supernatural Nazi crimes that writers have invented. What they did in real life was bad enough without elaboration.

Anyway, now that I’ve dismissed the whole Nazi necromancer (ick) plot, I should say that I hope we see Aaron Bass again because I did enjoy learning about the Judah Initiative. Maybe Aaron and his golem can become hunters too! Honestly, I don’t know what else you would do with a golem.

Speaking of golems, I have to say that the golem in this episode was very unusual. I’ve read tons of books with golems in them, and none of them speak out loud, so I’m not sure what’s going on with this golem. It’s very strange. Sometimes, I don’t mind when Supernatural breaks the “rules” (so to speak). However, in this case, I was really annoyed with the show. It was just distracting, you know?

On the other hand, I did really enjoy the Winchester’s new hangout. I’m really excited that they seem to have found a new home in the Men of Letters’ secret bunker. I hope they’re able to stay there and spend more time there because it seems like a really cool place.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review